14 November 2007

Thirty Days of Thanks: Day 14

Today, I am thankful for having all my holiday shopping done. Yep, you read that correctly - I'm finished with my holiday shopping on November 14th, well before Black Friday.

I went a 'handmade' route this year - most everything I purchased as gifts will be coming from fellow Etsians. I'm dying to share what I purchased, but I can't. Certain friends and family members read my blog, so I'd spoil the surprise.

There's one last package that needs to be shipped and I'm hoping it'll arrive by next Wednesday. We're flying out on Thanksgiving Day to visit my mom, so I'm wanting to take all the gifts for her and my brother with me so I can leave them out there and not have to bother with shipping.

I've got a couple things to make before the gifts are completely finished, but the shopping bit is over. I won't have to fight the crowds on Rt 9 this holiday season. I can stay home, curled up with a dog and a book and laugh at the desperados on Christmas Eve looking for those last minute gifts.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Good for you! Congrats on getting it all done AND going the handmade route. So much better than mass produced!