10 October 2007

Congratulations, Henry!

I'm delighted to announce that after eight weeks of obedience training, our 11 year old adopted mutt, Henry, has graduated!

Over the course of the training, I was frustrated at his reluctance to go down and that is where he failed me during the final exam. Everything else he did well - especially his heel. There were a few minor issues here and there, such as having to correct him, but I think that the training has paid off. With a little more work, maybe we'll master that down after all.

His training instructor gave him and all the other graduates a pig's ear as a treat last night. He went rather ga-ga over it, so I think he might end up with a small stash in the house soon enough.

Good dog, Henry. You've proved that it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks.

P.S. The photo is from Christmas 2006 - unlike Macy's we do not have our Christmas tree up yet.

2 comments: