17 October 2007

Birthday Bliss

Thanks to my wonderful friend, E, for the gift certificate to a local spa. I've decided after the past couple weeks (burning the candle at both ends), I'm treating myself to a massage on Saturday.

The massage I've chosen is what the salon calls the "Royal Thai Massage" and is described as such:

Traditionally preformed by Monks in Thailand, the first technique uses direct finger pressure on specific points along the body’s energy channels. The second part of this therapeutic treatment is done in a traditional way using a hot poultice imported from Thailand. The poultice is muslin ball filled with a blend of Thai herbs that is heated and used on the body to alleviate muscle pain and inflammation and bring heat to the muscles to induce relaxation. Lastly, we use a special blend of oil from Thailand to finish things off. This massage has a detoxing, soothing and simultaneously invigorating effect on the body and mind.


It's 75 minutes long and I added the optional 15 minute sinus treatment enhancement at the end. I'm so congested right now, I'm hoping that will bring me a little relief, if only temporary. I suppose the respite from crankiness will be a temporary thing too. :P

I'm looking forward to it -- and hoping there's nothing else on the agenda for the weekend. I have a bad habit of remembering too late that I committed to do something else.

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

Yay! Glad you were able to narrow it down. (Sure you don't want the cinnamon bun aromatherapy massage?) We want a review after it's over!

Enjoy your 'one night in Bangkok'!